Branches perform the ‘grass roots’ work of the organisation. Nowra Branch activities raise funds for distribution to local not-for-profit organisations as well as providing a friendship group and engages women of all ages in discussion, activities and learnings. We own and maintain a Nowra CBD property, with discounted hire rates to community organisations. Oh, and occasionally we make and sell scones!!! Our members aren’t all knitters, sewers, keen cooks etc. – the only things we probably have in common are care and concern for women and their families and our wanting to work for the local community.
CWA of NSW aims to:
– bring all women and families together and form a network of support
– a forum for the voice of all women in New South Wales
– improve conditions and welfare of all women and families especially in country areas
– to support schemes which enhance the value of country living, especially health and educational facilities
– encourage development in regional areas and to increase the viability of rural communities and the environment
– provide a voice to Government at all levels
– promote International goodwill friendship understanding and tolerance between all people.